Monday 23 August 2021

15 minute writing 2

 I woke up to the shouting of nurses. Oh great what had happened now? I blink dully and look around. A kind nurse with the name Darcy printed on her little card rushed around my bed in a flurry of shouts, medical supply's and white uniform. I stared up at the celling in annoyance. It was a dull grey. Huh thats weird. Last time I was here it was a light blue. Hmm maybe i was in a different ward. I sat up and looked around at my surroundings. It was all different shades of grey and white. The curtains were white and the bed was white and grey. No color to keep things sterile I guessed. The nurse Darcy had left at this point, tittering in her high pitched voice that I wasn't to have any visitors. I scolded at this and lay down to sleep. It wasn't long before i was in La-La land. I dreamt of a kid who was in an accident and lost their sight. I was so real that i woke up with tears in my eyes. I had to know it it was true. I called for the nurse and stared up at the now dull grey ceiling. She arrived and immediately asked if something was wrong. I said no and proceed to ask her about my dream. “ oh honey I'm sorry but it was real”, she said sadly. I suddenly looked at her and froze. Her once brown hair was a dark grey and her skin was almost white. “ Sweetie that was you. You lost your vision in an accident the other day. You have been diagnosed with monochromacy and will never see true color again. It has no cure but you can use color blind glasses to help you. But you will have it for the rest of your life”. 



Monochromacy - comes from the Greek words of mono ( one ) and chromo ( color) 


3 comments:

  1. Hey Leo, I like your 15 minutes writing challenge. Maybe you could add some emojis and some fonts. Why did you choose to do this story?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love a good twist at the end! Plus, you even give us a heads up to what the cool word 'monochromacy' means. legend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Leo, i really love your writing.

    what inspired you to write this story??

    good job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something I have done well.
Thoughtful - a sentence or more that lets me know you that you read/watched or listened to what I had to say.
Helpful - please give me some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about.